This concept document describes using SMPP instead of REST to receive traffic from TelecomsXChange Network.
What is SMPP (Short Message Peer-to-Peer) ?
Short Message Peer-to-Peer in the telecommunications industry is an open, industry standard protocol designed to provide a flexible data communication interface for the transfer of short message data between External Short Messaging Entities, Routing Entities and Message Centres.
TelecomsXChange uses SMPP V5.0 by default which is backward compatible with V3.4 as well.
Selling your first SMPP Route on the Exchange
You can configure SMPP access to the TelecomsXChange platform by using one of the following methods:
- Login as a seller
- Click on routes
- Add new route
- Choose SMPP
- Enter the IP address, Port and System_ID and Password that your SMSC requires to authenticate TelecomsXChange on its network.
- White list our SMPP IPs smpp01.telecomsxchange.com, smpp02.telecomsxchange or (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168)
- Upload your tariff (The rates per MCCMNC) you want to sell on the SMS Exchange.
- Once you have successfully uploaded your rates, TelecomsXChange team will contact you within 24 hours to start testing the interconnection.
- Your rates will go live on the market view and other buyers can view/utilize your route instantly